Monday, March 25, 2013

Wonder what would happen . . .

. . . if we stopped assuming and judging each other?

Because y'all, I'm downright tired. Tired of people tearing each other down for no good reason other than that they're on "the other side." Tired of people judging the lady on welfare who has a nice manicure. (How do you know she doesn't do her own damn nails?) Tired of people perpetually spreading half-assed information on the Interwebs. Tired of alla y'all having these arguments that are never going to change anyone's minds. Tired of people assuming they know what's going on in a random stranger's life. WHY DON'T YOU KNOCK IT OFF WITH THEM NEGATIVE WAVES?

And I admit it, I'm guilty too, especially when I'm feeling extra cranky. I'll argue with a brick wall during those times, although I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be. (Shut up.) I've been known to harsh on such venerated public figures as Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj. I complain about some of the students at the Big University. I can get flat get my snark on. But the truth is, I fight it - a lot - because it's not really helpful. Sure, it seems like a good idea at the time, but later on? Not so much. I don't particularly relish adding to the negative waves, but it just happens sometimes. I hope I crank out enough positives to make up for my transgressions.

So I'm asking you: what would happen if you stopped assuming? Stopped judging? We never know what battle someone else may be fighting. We can choose to make it worse, or we can choose to make it better somehow.

Till next time - what will you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment