Friday, December 14, 2012

What I want for Christmas.

I read the news today, oh boy. . . I mean. . . I just. . . there's nothing I can say.

I don't have any children, on purpose, but there are children in my life who I love like they were my own. We have a reasonable expectation that our kids will be safe at school, of all places, but apparently they aren't anymore. This was never a concern when I was an elementary school kid in the 70s, and I'm deeply saddened that 40 years later, it's at the forefront of our thoughts. It breaks my heart.

It's not right. Children shouldn't have to worry that they'll go to school in the morning and never come home.

Today, what I want most for Christmas is just for our next generation to be safe. They shouldn't have to live in fear. None of us should.

Till next time ---- if you love somebody, tell them, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment